Friday, July 23, 2010

Geisha


Here's I mixed media piece I finished recently that I'm considering making prints of and selling on Etsy...

For those of you familiar with Etsy how do you think this might sell...and what would be a good printer to use that could yield a quality print but keep the retail price at a sellable pricepoint?

For those interested the media used were: oil wash over graphite and acrylic wash (the hair is acrylic). Followed by oil with a more impasto over the background. Acrylic transparent white over the face with colored pencil and oil floated over the features. The kimono is two different rice papers lamented onto the board with oil washes laid over top...all on Strathamore illustration board - best board on the planet!

I have a few more pieces I'm considering for Etsy that I'll post in the coming weeks..

No comments: