Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rosetta and the Crow



Working on a couple of board assignments simultaneously...these are quick designs for a page's worth of script that I will be boarding out this week—busted them out this afternoon. I thought would give myself a something to work from and try and stay on model with these boards. These are quite rough and I will have to really refine the designs before these become portfolio pieces...

I don't have any character descriptions on them at all other than that they are inner city boys who are brothers. Rosetta, was described as a Chinese Jamaican grandmotherly type with a soft spot for hot sauce drenched pork rinds...

Anyways, it will be challenging boarding out the page as there isn't the most written action...soooooo I'm concentrating on good staging and some interesting secondary action.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Abz said...

interesting colour technique on the dress... looks fun and loose. Keep em comin!

lincoln said...

Thanks Abz!
I'm working on refining my storyboard portfolio, so it has pulled me away from character design to some degree, though I'm finding that I will most likely go back and design characters for some of these treatments so that I can work "on model" when I do the clean inked up boards....

Nikolas Ilic said...

nice work, its all about refining, but it pays of in the end :)

Anonymous said...

Lincoln, I hope your talent lands you somewhere great!