Monday, February 28, 2011

A Little Russian Village Where a Certain Cobbler lives...


I've been quite busy over the last month, but in some in between time I reworked one of my book pages to fit a wide screen aspect ratio...I've added the undervalue grays for lighting and intend to work it in color...if I can ever get comfortable with this digital painting process...

It was a little tricky diverting the eye from the horse and trying to get it to the basement shop window... not sure how effective it is even now...

5 comments:

Justin Rodrigues said...

Really digging this man! I think you successfully called attention to the basement window. I would just say it's fighting a little with the door to the right with the guy there and all and it being in the same light.

You should check out "Framed Ink" by Marcos Mateu-Mestre if you haven't already. Its all about visual storytelling and composition. Amazing book.

Great stuff!

Bridespie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lincoln said...

I have the book— it's a great resource I think everyone in the entertainment art industry should have it! I'll try and downplay the door a bit in a revision.

Brad said...

wow! this is amazing! love to see it finished!

lincoln said...

HA! Me too!
Thanks Brad!